Exercise physiologists are experts in the field of safe and effective exercise prescription for any type of health issue, to enhance athletic performance or overall health and fitness.
Our exercise physiologists are very experienced and have worked with people with all sorts of goals and issues and from a wide range of sporting levels- from elite athletes wanting to enhance physical performance to people with major health issues simply wishing to improve their mobility or balance. Our exercise physiologists also work with physiotherapists to provide:
- Strength and conditioning programs for injured workers needing to return to pre-injury duties;
- Falls prevention programs for those who are at risk or have had a history of falls;
- Health and fitness programs for those clients who are just looking for some direction when getting started.
Who would benefit from seeing an exercise physiologist?
Our Exercise Physiologists assist in managing various chronic diseases, with some of the more common being:
- Heart disease,
- Various forms of arthritis,
- Multiple sclerosis
- And Parkinson’s disease, just to name a few.
Who can access an exercise physiologist?
Private health fund rebates from most Health Funds apply for exercise physiology consultations. Also, with a referral from their GP, eligible patients will receive exercise physiology coverage by Medicare for chronic disease management (e.g. diabetics, chronic pain sufferers).
Please contact U Physiotherapy and Clinical Pilates – Unanderra to find out if exercise physiology is right for you, or if you may be eligible for Medicare coverage via an EPC referral from your GP.